Terms and Conditions
The Early Years Alliance is the trading name of the Pre-school Learning Alliance.
Access to and use of our website is provided by the Pre-school Learning Alliance on the following terms:
- These terms and conditions may be updated occasionally so you may want to check them regularly. The date of the most recent revision will appear on this page. Your use of the website will be considered as acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should stop using the website.
- You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not negatively impact upon anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the website.
- By sharing any contribution with us you agree to grant us, free of charge, irrevocable permission to use the material in any way we want (e.g. to modify it for editorial reasons) for our services. Copyright in your contribution will always remain with you. In order that we can use your contribution, you confirm that it is your own original work, is not defamatory, does not infringe any UK law and that you have the right to give us permission to use it. You also confirm that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16. We normally show your name with your contribution (unless you request otherwise), but this is not always possible.
- If you do not want to grant us the permission set out above, please do not submit or share your contribution with us.
- We cannot and do not accept any responsibility for the content or integrity of information contributed to the website that has not undergone a formal review. All views expressed are those of the individual authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the charity. This includes material contributed by people employed by or otherwise associated with the charity.
- All contributors to the website must refrain from the following actions:
- Harassing, threatening, embarrassing or causing distress upon another individual. This includes discussion of other people in any way that could be considered offensive or libellous.
- Making statements or posting content which could be deemed racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable.
- Posting or transmitting any advertising or promotional materials, including but not limited to "junk mail", "spam", or "chain letters"
- Posting improper messages that are not related to that particular message thread or posting excessive messages.
- Breaking the law or condoning or encouraging unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
- Posting material or comments that personally identifies a child.
- Impersonation of other users.
- While the administrators of and moderators of the website will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review everything. We cannot accept any responsibility for the content or integrity of information posted by individuals on the website.
- Language used must be clear and professional, without the use of slang or text-speak.
- Any user who believes another user has breached these terms in a messageboard posting should click the Report this post button. An administrator will review the post, and take the appropriate action if required. Malicious use of this facility will be considered as a breach of these terms.
- Please note, that some areas of the website may have additional conditions that you must abide by. These additional conditions will be clearly signposted where this occurs.
- All accounts must be registered with a valid email address that you access regularly so that important account emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
- We reserve the right to close accounts if any user disrupts any of our services in any way.
- We do not warrant that functions available on the website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected (although we will endeavour to do so), or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of law, then to the extent to which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The failure or delay of the Pre-school Learning Alliance to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive our right to enforce that right.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
- Orders placed before 12 noon Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) are usually dispatched on the same day.
- Errors & omissions excepted.
- Customers using the members’ price must quote their membership number (this includes members of SPPA, Early Years (formerly NiPPA), IPPA and WPPA.)
- Prices include VAT where relevant. In the case of any change in VAT prices may be adjusted.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- We do not refund overpayments of less than £10.00 (this will remain as credit on account for a limited time).
- Our P&P charge, for UK and BFPO only, via Royal Mail is a flat rate of £3.75 per order. Please allow 10 days for delivery. We may also offer other delivery methods dependant on your location and size of order. The price of these will be confirmed when you place your order.
- Short deliveries or damaged items must be returned to us within ten working day of the date the order was delivered to you.
- If you wish to return any item, please pack the relevant item securely, using the return label provided on your delivery note, ensuring we receive it within 10 working days after the date the order was delivered to you. We recommend that you use a recorded delivery service. Refunds will only be processed once we have received the goods in their original condition. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the items to us unless the item was sent in error or faulty.
- For full or partial electronic publication, no refund will be available once you have accessed the online area.