At the Alliance South East Service Hub, we support approximately 600 members in Hampshire, 330 members across Sussex and 300 members in Dorset.
These include pre-schools, day nurseries, toddler groups, nursery schools, children’s centres and individuals.
We have been providing high quality support and advice to providers of early years education and childcare for over 40 years.
We offer the following:
* The Family Development Programme in Portsmouth and Chichester
* A comprehensive choice of quality CPD courses at competitive prices - £25 for a single member place with discounts for bulk bookings
* Subsidised 1st Aid training £70 per person (2018/19)
* Toolkit packages for specialist support - ranges from Committee Induction Toolkit to Setting Health Checks
* NEW - Whole setting focus - specialised training for your setting to work on together for a half term
* Regular member forums with free training for our members
* Bespoke workshops for individual settings - including First Aid, safeguarding and inset day training.
For more information, go to the services menu above.
Safeguarding in Hampshire - at your setting, £650 for a minimum of 10 attendees - for other safeguarding course availability, please contact email@example.com
Don’t feel alone with the new Ofsted Framework!
THURSDAY 25th APRIL 3.30pm-5.30pm at Fort Cumberland, Fort Cumberland Rd, Portsmouth, Southsea PO4 9DL Alliance members: £5.00 / Non-Members: £15.00 Booking and payment in advance please.
Be ahead of the game and join us for an interactive Webinar with Alliance Quality Improvement Director MICHAEL FREESTON and Policy and Standards Manager MELANIE PILCHER focusing on what the new Ofsted framework will mean for you.
CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (EYE) (QCF) - we are looking for a tutor to teach this course one day a week in Portsmouth. The link to the application form can be found on the 'vacancies' menu above - note the application forms go to Tonbridge, but the teaching is local. For any informal questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Portsmouth office on 02392 325612.
For any queries regarding the South East Service Hub Pre-School Learning Alliance please email:
The Early Years Alliance South East Service Hub covers Wiltshire, Hampshire, Surrey, East Sussex, West Sussex, Dorset and the Isle of Wight
First Aid Courses
We have a large number of workshops covering various topics including:
Effective school readiness - don't wait until the autumn term, get planning now!
Observation, assessment and planning - develop staff at all levels
Maths garden - develop practical ways of outdoor mathematical learning
Superheroes at play - supporting children to manage their own behaviour through creative play
- Rhyming Rocks and Story Stones – Developing Imagination and Communication
Effective parental engagement - benefits of engaging parents and how to be confident to do so
These can be run as inset day training for your setting, or come back in the new year to see what is coming up.
Not yet a member of the Alliance? Become a Member and find out what member benefits there are, including free online training from Educare for all your staff and volunteers - https://www.eyalliance.org.uk/member-benefits
Course Outlines - workshops_pre-school_learning_alliance_course_outlines_2017.pdf
Booking Form - workshop_booking_form.docx
We can also create and deliver bespoke workshops to individual settings or provide inset day training.
Free Training at our members' forums: Spring focus on Speech & Language.
Fareham Forum 12th March - this will be hosted by Kidz Inc at Fareham College. If you would like to see more free forums in your area and could host, please email email@example.com
Havant & Waterlooville Forum - March venue tbc
Individual Support visits
The Alliance recognises that support for providers within the early years sector can be variable. We have qualified development workers who can come and support settings with different aspects of your work. We can provide a package for you on an annual basis, as well as bespoke one-off packages.
Individual visits for your setting can be booked at a cost of £75 + VAT for a 2 hour visit which will be followed up by a comprehensive written report. Typically, this may be used for specific guidance for managers or committees for planning or induction.
If you feel that there is something else you would like us to provide for you, please contact us on 02392 325612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. and we will discuss your needs.
Committee Induction Toolkit
This Toolkit is designed to induct new committess into their forthcoming roles. It will provide new committee members with the necessary information to enable them to fulfil their roles as efficiently and effectively as possible.
The induction toolkit includes:
- Section 1 - The Role of the Management Committee
- Section 2 - Specific Responsibilities
- Section 3 - Committee Responsibilities
- Section 4 - In the Setting
- Section 5 - Important Organisations
- Section 6 – Legal Requirements
- Section 7 – Business Planning
This toolkit would be provided with a 5 hour workshop which can be delivered flexibly.
The cost for this workshop is:
Members £360 plus VAT including our publication ‘Charity Essentials’
Non-members £500 plus VAT including our publication ‘Charity Essentials’
We can offer a bolt on package which includes:
Support for AGM’s. 2 visits included as follows:
Planning visit x 2 hours – prior to AGM to support committee plan the AGM
2 hour attendance at the AGM to support outgoing committee
The cost of the bolt on package is:
Members £200 plus VAT
Non-members £350 plus VAT
Induction Health Check for New Managers
This toolkit is designed to identify new areas of development through the new managers health check, provide supervision support and identify any health and safety issues.
- Complete the induction for new managers health check
- Look at key policies and procedures
- Set an action plan for new manager
- Discuss progress on actions
- Identify training and support needed
- Look at unidentified staff supervision records and offer support and guidance
- Feedback on actions taken
- Agree any further actions and support required
- Discuss Appraisals and offer guidance on when and how this should take place
The setting will receive email support for the 12 weeks of the package.
This project will run for 12 weeks at a cost of:
Members £750 plus VAT
Non-members £ 1000 plus VAT
SEND Support and Guidance Package
This toolkit is designed to provide support and guidance on children with SEN attending early years settings and support SENCOs and Key Person to identify strategies for supporting a child with SEND setting clear targets and objectives.
- Observe child in the provision, and look at child’s interactions with other children and staff interactions
- Read through child’s observations and baseline assessment
- Identify and agree child’s strengths and areas for development and set an action plan looking at outcomes for the child
- Offer practical guidance on strategies for working with the child
- Offer opportunity to model good practice (this can be a separate visit for up to 4 hours)
- Gather feedback from staff regarding how they are working with the child and look at current observations and progress
- Feedback to SENco and Key Person on progress made
- Set further action plan if required
- Provide details of Alliance workshops that may offer additional support to staff
The setting will also receive email support which will run alongside the Package.
This project will run 6 weeks at a cost of:
Members £510 plus VAT
Non-members £750 plus VAT
Setting Health Check
This toolkit is designed to identify safeguarding and welfare requirements gaps, identify gaps within policies and procedures, to set up an action place and provide feedback to management team on actions required.
- Complete an Audit Health Check regarding the safeguarding welfare requirement arrangements for the setting
- Identify Gaps within your Policies and Procedures
- Set an Action Plan
- Feedback on actions taken
- Look at changes made
- Agree any further actions required
- Ensure staff are familiar with Policies and Procedures
- Enable staff to demonstrate knowledge of the settings Policies and Procedures
- Provide feedback to Manager/Management Committee on
The setting will receive email support for the 12 weeks of this package.
This project will run for 12 weeks at a cost of:
Members Price £750 plus VAT
Non-members Price £1000 plus VAT
Supervision Support: Training for Managers and Deputies
This toolkit is designed to provide training on supervisions to Managers and Deputies in early years settings and to support managers to set clear targets, objectives and support their staff.
- Identify how supervisions are currently conducted (this may include sitting in on a supervision if appropriate)
- Provide information for staff on what to expect from supervision
- Look at setting policy and procedure regarding supervisions
- Identify gaps in supervision paperwork
- Set action plan for Manager
- Gather feedback from staff on their most recent supervision
- Feedback to Manager on comments
- Offer further guidance where required
- Produce guidance and give manager some training on key points regarding challenging conversations during supervision
The setting will also receive email support which will run alongside the two visits.
This project will run for one term at a cost of:
Members £510 plus VAT
- Non-members £700 plus VAT
If you would like more information or would like to book a package of support, please complete the booking form below and return to email@example.com:
Family Development Programme
- The family development programme is a 12-week teaching programme delivered in the family home
- This service currently runs in Portsmouth and Chichester, but can be offered elsewhere at a cost
- There must be a child aged 0 to 7 in the family home
- There must be a concern regarding one or more of the following areas –
- Appropriate behaviour
- Family bonds and relationships
- Parenting skills
- Knowledge of parental role in promoting development
- Referrals can be made by completing this referral form or requesting a copy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Family Development Programme?
Aims of the programme
Making it work
How to Refer
The family must have a child between 0 and 7 living at home and live in Portsmouth / Chichester to be eligible for the free service. Referrals are accepted from any professional working with the family or as a self-referral. Referral forms can be requested from the email address on the 'contact us' page or may be downloaded above.
The following is a list of areas for referral:
For an informal discussion regarding your referral, please contact Hannah Millard on 07917603057, or the Service Hub Office on 02392325612.