Small Grants, Big Difference
The Small Grants, Big Difference fund helps early years providers offer the best possible support to children and families.
Early years settings operating for more than one year within the United Kingdom can apply for a grant for up to the value of £2,000 to enhance the learning of children and families in their care. Each application will be assessed on an individual basis, however, priority will be given to applications from disadvantaged areas, for children with additional needs, and settings showing innovative ways of extending children's learning and development. Awards can support training, resources and/or an activity.
For more information on the types of activities we fund, read our case studies.
Applying for funding
The rolling application process aims to be simple and quickly administered.
We aim to notify successful applicants as soon as possible.
In assessing applications, consideration will be given to:
- first time applicants
- fully completed and costed applications
- a supporting statement demonstrating what the money will be used for
- those applications which highlight the expected benefits to the child, or children and their families
- the relative disadvantage of the area from which the setting is applying
- settings supporting children with additional needs
- settings demonstrating the sustainability of their plan once the award is spent.*
Successful applicants will be required to contribute at least one promotional piece, such as photos or short pieces of text showing how the money has been used to help children and/or families. This will be used to demonstrate the success of awards via the Alliance’s social media channels.
*Please note that this funding is not intended to pay towards capital cost for running a setting nor replace other statutory funding such as the Early Years Free Entitlement and High Needs tariff.