Press Coverage 2021
- CYP Now: From crisis in the early years to a fairer start: could we close the school readiness gap by 2030?
- Nursery World: Business - Occupancy and funding
- Social Care Today: Children’s commissioner launches ‘once in a generation’ review
- CYP Now: Coronavirus restrictions discriminate against children, campaigners warn
- daynurseries.co.uk: Union calls on government to lift childcare burden from working mums
- daynurseries.co.uk: Parents see childcare costs rise by 4% as nurseries struggle to stay sustainable during pandemic
- Nursery World: Childcare costs rise above inflation, as providers struggle to remain sustainable
- NMT: Report: Childcare costs surge by 4% over the last year
3 March 2021
- NMT: Nurseries and childminders face £247m funding cut for spring term, new analysis reveals
- NMT: Budget 2021: absence of new measures for eary years
- Nursery World: Budget 2021: Business rates relief extension will include nurseries
- daynurseries.co.uk: Chancellor's Budget extends business rates holiday and furlough but nurseries will struggle to plug Spring's funding gap
- Nursery World: Coronavirus: Early years sector faces predicted losses of a quarter of a billion pounds this term
- daynurseries.co.uk: Chancellor urged to use Budget to support nurseries facing £247m funding cut
- The Mirror: Teachers and police blast vaccine priority list - key groups that aren't bumped up
- The Times: Over-40s to be offered Covid vaccine in April
- daynurseries.co.uk: Hope that nursery staff will be prioritised for COVID vaccine 'sadly crushed' by government
- Nursery World: Coronavirus: DfE updates early years guidance in response to PM 'roadmap'
- Daynurseries.co.uk: All PVI nursery staff will be given COVID home-testing kits in March
- Metro: Can nursery workers get the Covid vaccine?
- Nursery World: Coronavirus: All PVI nurseries to be sent home-testing kits
Early Years Educator: Opinion: Feeling worn down?
- TES: Covid jabs: 'Education staff should be prioritised'
- CYP Now: Education catch up plans across all uk nations 'do not go far enough'
- CYP Now: Sadiq Khan warns thousands of London's early years providers fear closure within a year
- Nursery World: Coronavirus: Nurseries speak out about confusion over priority for vaccine
- Evening Standard: Two-thirds of London nurseries are on verge of closure
- daynurseries.co.uk: London Mayor warns Chancellor two thirds of capital's nurseries could shut within the year
- CYP Now: Nursery staff call for training to deal with complex mental health needs in under-fives
- daynurseries.co.uk: Trauma and abuse facing children leave nursery workers feeling ill-equipped
- CYP Now: Providers renew calls for covid-19 testing in all early years settings
- The Independent: Nursery staff at risk with Covid spreading like ‘wildfire’ due to lack of tests, sector leaders warn
- daynurseries.co.uk: Childcare workers get COVID tests in Wales but England's workforce left out in the cold
- daynurseries.co.uk: COVID-19 cases in England's nurseries almost double in a week to 2,357
- Nursery World: The Nursery World Awards 2020 winners revealed!
- Nursery World: Coronavirus: Nurseries report increase in temporary closures
- daynurseries.co.uk: One in five nursery staff considering leaving profession due to Covid stress
- Nursery World: Coronavirus: One in five early years workers 'want to leave the sector' - survey
- The Observer: Covid stress ‘driving hundreds of childcare workers to quit profession'
- Vogue: One Of The Hardest Parts About Parenting In A Pandemic? Intense Decision Fatigue
- BBC.co.uk: Covid: Early years staff safety 'cause for concern'
- Evening Standard: Half of early years staff do not feel safe at work during lockdown, study finds
- The i: Nursery workers treated with ‘contempt’ by Government over Covid concerns in lockdown, shadow minister says
- Tyla.com: Nursery Workers Say Staff Feel 'Worthless' And 'Undervalued' During Lockdown 3.0
- CYPnow: Early years leaders hit out at contradictory government advice on home testing
- Nursery World: Government adviser incorrectly says all early years staff eligible for regular testing
- daynurseries.co.uk: Nurseries fear for staff safety and financial survival, minister warned
- Huffpost: Ministers Accused Of 'Punishing' Nurseries That Fail To Stay Open To All Children
- daynurseries.co.uk: Ditch 'childcare' word to help undervalued, low paid and overworked early years workforce
- daynurseries.co.uk: Government adviser incorrectly says all early years staff eligible for regular testing
- Nursery World: Coronavirus: Dismay as early years staff told they won't be sent testing kits
- daynurseries.co.uk: COVID-19: Nurseries angry over government's refusal to give PVI nursery staff home test kits
- The Mirror: Nurseries forced to operate at high capacity during lockdown or risk going bust
- Sky News: COVID-19: Nurseries want priority access to testing and vaccines
- MailOnline: `No intention´ by Government to close nurseries, says Education Secretary
- MailOnline: Less than three quarters of state secondary pupils stayed in lessons in week before Christmas as attendances plummeted, figures show
- BBC.co.uk: Covid-19: Early years staff 'should have vaccine priority'
- daynurseries.co.uk: Early years leaders welcome rapid testing for all nursery staff across England
- Nursery World: Early years settings will be given rapid Covid-19 testing kits
- CYP Now: Early years leaders campaign for increased protection to open during lockdown
- The Independent: Lockdown: Nursery staff fear for health as early year providers told to stay open while schools shut
- Evening Standard: Nursery workers feel ‘abandoned’ by Government after schools ordered to close
- daynurseries.co.uk: Childcare boss calls for Covid test kits given to schools to be redistributed to nurseries
- BBC.co.uk: 'Show us it's safe' to be open, say nursery staff
- LBC.co.uk: Nurseries are "Covid-secure", insists Priti Patel
- BBC.co.uk: 'Very little' virus risk at nurseries, says vaccine minister
- The Times: Scientists say nurseries should close for coronavirus lockdown
- MailOnline: Nurseries opt for partial closures amid safety fears, says Early Years Alliance
- The Mirror: Lockdown 'not enough' as experts demand nurseries close and return of two-metre rule
- The Guardian: Unison calls for nurseries in England to close amid third Covid lockdown
- Daily Express: Why do nurseries stay open in lockdown?
- MailOnline: Decision to keep nurseries open may have been political - expert
- The Yorkshire Post: Why are nurseries staying open in Lockdown? Early years settings are still open despite school closures
- daynurseries.co.uk: Nurseries get 'no words of support' as government keeps them open but closes all schools in England
- The Mirror: Keeping nurseries open in lockdown may have been 'political' decision, says SAGE expert