Back to Listings

Important information regarding Tax Free Childcare

HMRC have confirmed to the Alliance that all childcare providers who wish to enrol in the forthcoming Tax-Free Childcare scheme will need a Unique Tax-payer Reference (UTR).
HMRC are currently in the process of writing to every charitable setting who has previously contacted the childcare service helpline regarding this issue, to provide them with a UTR so they can sign up to the scheme ahead of the roll out.
If you are a charitable setting who has not yet received a UTR, you need to contact the childcare service helpline on 0300 123 4097 to request one.
You can find out more about the Tax-Free Childcare on the government website here.