New Alliance resource gets early years teams Ofsted-ready
A new learning resource pack from the Pre-school Learning Alliance released today will empower early years teams to be prepared and confident ahead of an Ofsted inspection.
The new SMARTpd resource pack, Managing your Ofsted Inspection, provides online resources for a manager or team leader to deliver an in-house session which readies their team with confidence and knowledge in advance of Inspection day. A special 20% discount is available for purchases made before 30 April using the code OFS from the Alliance shop: https://shop.pre-school.org.uk/T202/managing-your-ofsted-inspection.
The resource pack is designed to prompt discussion and increase understanding so teams know what will happen before, during and after the inspection: preparing them to act professionally and calmly during the inspection. The pack also contains guidance and tips to prepare for the joint observation the Inspector may carry out on the day with a senior staff member, including an Ofsted quiz and a joint observation record template.
The resource will help managers ensure everyone at the setting understands their individual responsibility for the inspection, knows to keep the child in focus, is familiar with relevant documents, and is ready to talk about, for example, safeguarding, how the Early Years Pupil Premium is used and how an understanding of British Values is developed in the children.
Michael Freeston, Director of Quality Improvement, said:
“When children are happy, safe and learning to their fullest potential and settings are running efficiently and effectively, the Ofsted Inspection is a chance to show off all the exciting learning happening and how well everything is done.
“This new Alliance resource pack helps empower the early years team to be confident and knowledgeable in advance of their Ofsted Inspection. It provides a cost-effective way for managers to ready their staff to ensure the best possible outcome. It is another valuable addition to the wide range of resources in the Alliance SMARTpd portfolio.”
SMARTpd offers a free consultation to help providers choose training specific to the needs of their staff. Supporting all practitioners to improve their practice should be a continual process rather than a single goal demonstrated by a qualification or certificate. To address this challenge, SMARTpd provides Alliance-approved Continuing Professional Development resources. Certificated internally and with external organisations, the resources assure access to trustworthy sources of professional development with an option to earn certification to display in the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) log or setting.
Managing your Ofsted Inspection (Price for Alliance members: £14.00; Price for non-members: £20.00)
For more information or to interview a representative of the Alliance, please contact Deri Jones, Press and Public Affairs Officer, at email@example.com or on 020 7697 2598.
How to order
• W: www.pre-school.org.uk/shop
• T: 0300 330 0996
• E: firstname.lastname@example.org
• W. www.pre-school.org.uk/smartpd
• T. 01732 363 070
About the Pre-school Learning Alliance
- The Pre-school Learning Alliance is the largest and most representative early years membership organisation in England. A registered educational charity, it also provides high-quality affordable childcare and education to support children and families in areas of deprivation throughout the country.
- The Alliance represents 14,000 member settings and supports them to deliver care and learning to more than 800,000 families every year. We deliver family learning projects, offer information and advice, produce specialist publications, run acclaimed training programmes and campaign to influence early years policy and practice.
- The Alliance is running the Fair Future Funding campaign, which calls on the government to ensure that early years funding meets the rising cost of providing 'free entitlement' places. The campaign has 5000 supporters to date.
- The Alliance website is www.pre-school.org.uk