NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years.
The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce.
- Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is ideal for people looking to work with children between birth and 5 years, and gain knowledge of working with children up to 7 years. Learners do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in working with children to undertake this qualification.
- What type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
This qualification allows a learner to count towards the Level 2 ratio as a qualified Level 2 Early Years Practitioner across the Early Years Workforce.
You may work under supervision in a variety of roles such as:
- Nursery practitioner
- Classroom assistant
- Pre-school practitioner.
- How is this qualification structured?
To gain this qualification, you must achieve a total of 37 credits from all 14 mandatory units.
- How is it assessed?
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods, including direct observation within the workplace and written evidence.
- Do you need to be working to enrol on this qualification?
You will need to be working, volunteering or on practical placement in an early years setting.
We recommend you complete 250 placement hours while undertaking this qualification.
Placement opportunity must allow for skills application with babies and young children sufficient to meet the assessment criteria for the qualification.
- What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 16 years of age and meet the criteria below:
- To be working or volunteering in an early years care and education setting for a minimum of 7 hours a week
- To work in a setting which would support a visiting tutor assessing your skills in the workplace
- You may have to carry out specific tasks set by your tutor
- To be able to be assessed working with children aged 2 - 5 years
- Have the opportunity to work with Babies (0 - 2 Years)
- To have the appropriate level of literacy and numeracy
- To be in a position to carry out six hours of study per week to complete the knowledge aspects of the level 2 programme
- To have regular access to a computer which will allow you to access the online portfolio system
- To be able to surf the internet, send and receive emails with attachments, complete written work using a computer (with Microsoft Word) and be generally IT literate.
- How long will it take?
Approximately 12 months. You will be enrolled for 12 months.
- How much will it cost?
Full cost course fee: £1,950
Please contact the Training Centre for details of course fees, funding eligibility and individual advice and guidance.
- How will the training be delivered?
The Early Years Alliance offers this diploma through a blended/distance learning programme.
The knowledge aspects of this course will be by distance learning, this mode of study will stretch you as you need to be self-motivated and work against the pressures of studying independently.
You will need to fully participate in online tasks with your tutor and produce weekly evidence of course participation.
You will be visited by an assessor in the workplace to complete the skills requirements, where observations and assessment of your practice will be carried out.
To register your interest and start the application process, please complete the online form below or contact our Training Centre.
Early Years Alliance Training Centre
1st Floor, Bridge House, 97-101 High Street, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1DR