EduCare bundle: Be the Best - Key Person
Be the Best: Key Person contains five Cache-endorsed, CPD-approved online training courses recommended especially for early years practitioners.
This EduCare online training bundle makes it even easier for you to take your expertise and skills to the next level while boosting your continuing professional development.
And once you complete all the courses, you can send off for a Certificate of Training (£15 non-members FREE if you are a member).
Theories Underpinning the EYFS
The Early Years Foundation stage and its overarching principles and main sections. • The development of the young brain including information on key parts of the brain and the importance of making connections within the brain. • How children learn, including characteristics of learning in the young brain. • The importance of relationships in children’s learning and the the relevance of attachment to the EYFS. • Developmental psychology theories of learning including universal stage theories and contructivist theories.
Effective First Aid management
What first aid training is appropriate and how to source a first aid trainer. • How to plan the training to ensure a succession of qualified first aiders. • The importance of re-training. • How to develop a safe culture. • The management, supervision and deployment of staff. • Assessing risk and conducting reviews.
Providing a healthy food environment in early years settings
Why nutrition in the early years is so important. The benefits that good nutrition can have upon a child’s health. • How to achieve a healthy balanced diet in the early years by providing children with a variety of foods. • The four main food groups. What each group contains, how much children should eat. • Healthy eating for pre-school children in order to get all the energy and nutrients they need. • Why portion size is important to avoid overeating and childhood obesity. • Key food groups and guidance on portion sizes. • How to provide a balanced, healthy packed lunch. • Guidance on portion sizes for packed lunches. • A comparison of pre-packed and processed food with their home-prepared equivalents. • How to read and understand nutritional information on food packaging. • The best drinks for children aged between one and five years.
Getting to grips with the EYFS
Who needs to comply with the EYFS. • EYFS supporting documents. • The characteristics of effective learning. • Learning and development requirements. • Role of practitioners and key persons in the EYFS. • A look at assessment. • Safeguarding and welfare requirements.
Being a Key Person in an early years setting
• Defining what the key person role is. • Why a key person is important. • Induction and settling-in. • Record keeping. • The key person as teacher. • Supporting the home learning environment. • Discussing your key children during supervision. • Developing attachments.
*Alliance members: All these courses are already FREE to you as part of your membership*
Non-members: You can buy the Be the Best: Key Person bundle at the SPECIAL OFFER price of
£97 £70 + VAT.
However buy an Alliance membership (from £112 for the year) and you will get the whole course bundle and Certificate of Training FREE plus all these other benefits for you and your team:
- A further 19 Cache-endorsed EduCare online training courses for you and your team
- Access to 24hr legal helpline Law-Call
- 10 issues of Under 5 magazine a year
- 'EY Instant Update' emails to alert you of any policy, legislation or funding changes
- Access to our competitively-priced insurance
- On-call support from our advisers
- 20% off all our books and publications
- Free mini guides on running an early years setting.
Call us on 020 7697 2595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
- In order to qualify for your Certificate of Training you must complete all nine courses in the bundle.
- Each course has its own certificate. However if you would like the Certificate of Training to show you have completed the whole bundle, then submit all your completed course certificates to the Alliance Training Centre at Training@eyalliance.org.uk and they will send you your Certificate of Training. An administration fee of £15 will apply. (Alliance members get the Certificate of Training FREE).
- Once an order has been placed, you have 28 days to cancel the order and request a refund. Every refund request incurs a 25% cancellation administration fee. You are not eligible for a refund once you have started or completed any courses listed in the bundle.
- EduCare Learning Limited is not able to issue refunds if you purchase the above package and subsequently decide to become a member of the Early Years Alliance.
- Any refund requests must be made through the Early Years Alliance.
- If you require a refund please email email@example.com. Please allow 30 days for processing.
- If you require a refund to take up Alliance membership, you will not incur related fees.