These pages are for all staff working directly with children and families in an early years provision.
It is not intended to replace any guidance issued by the Government.
- England has returned to a system of regional tiered restrictions. A full list of local restriction tiers is available here. Early years providers, wraparound care and baby and toddler groups can operate across all tiers. General information about what restrictions apply in each tier is available here.
- For baby and toddler groups, please note that new government guidance clarifies that groups should still be limited to 15 (including staff and volunteers) but this limit still does not include any children aged under-five.
- There have been several updates to current government guidance Actions for early years and childcare providers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We have included the updated information in our FAQs page Operating during the coronavirus lockdown and beyond.
- The furlough system will be extended now until March 2021.
- EYFS disapplications will be extended throughout the lockdown period as well.
- Ofsted has created a page for providers who need to report a Covid-19 incident at their setting. Visit the page.
The COVID-19 outbreak is an ever-evolving situation. This information will be updated regularly as things change.
The Department for Education has a helpline for early years providers, schools and colleges – as well as parents, carers and young people – who have questions about coronavirus.
If you have specific questions about the virus, you can contact the helpline on:
Call: 0800 046 8687
Coronarvirus: latest information (Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England)
Coronavirus (2019-cCoV) (NHS)