The Early Years Alliance is the largest and most representative early years membership organisation in England.
A registered educational charity, we represent 14,000 members and support them to deliver care and learning to over 800,000 families every year.
- We offer information and advice.
- We produce specialist publications.
- We run acclaimed training schemes.
- We campaign to influence early years policy and practice.
Our vision is a society where every child enjoys the opportunity to learn through play. We believe families should be at the centre of policy-making and empowered to become fully involved with their child's learning and development.
To support early years providers to deliver high quality, affordable and sustainable care and learning to families, and to ensure that all children, regardless of background, are given the best possible start in life.
How we achieve this
We work with Alliance members to:
- Champion childhood and children’s right to play
- Advocate for children, families and all childcare providers
- Put the family first to enhance children’s life chances
- Encourage safeguard-led practice
- Raise standards and quality of childcare
- Ensure families have choice and information to make the right decision about the childcare they need
- Provide high quality training support and advice.