Welcome to Sundon Stars Pre-school
The Early Years Alliance provides flexible, affordable and quality childcare across England.
Sundon Stars Pre-school is an Alliance childcare service in Luton, Bedfordshire.
We offer 34 Ofsted-registered places and were assessed as GOOD by Ofsted
Our committed, friendly and well-qualified nursery team provides care and learning opportunities for children aged between 3-5 years.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) with a focus on learning through play and actively encourage parents to become involved in their child's learning journey within the pre-school.
To make an enquiry please fill out our online enquiry form
We are open from 9am - 3.30pm, Monday to Friday, term time only, excluding bank holidays and three staff training days.
Our morning session runs from 9am-12pm.
Our afternoon session runs from 12.30pm-3.30pm.
Our all day session runs from 9am-3.00pm
- Friendly and fun place for you and your child
- Learning through play in inside and outside environments in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile.
- A well-qualified, kind and caring team who attend regular training to continue their professional development
- All staff are Paediatric First Aid trained
- A dedicated Key person to provide focussed support for your child in all areas of their development.
- Daily healthy snacks prepared and provided on site
- Well resourced pre-school based within a primary school site
- Close relationship with forwarding Primary school
- Strong links with community children's centre
- Encourage parental involvement- Children take home weekly their chosen book to share with family members, themed stay and play sessions and local outings.
- Termly parent consultations
- We welcome parent volunteers and also welcome comments/ ideas and suggestions
- Communication skills are encouraged through visual aids and one member of staff is fluent in BSL (British sign language)
3-5 year olds -
first 15 hours funded, additional 15 hours available to eligible families (30 hour offer)
A.M session 9.00am - 12.00pm is £16
P.M session 12.30am - 3.30pm is £16
Additional Lunchtime session 12.00-12.30 is £2.90 + hot school dinner £2.65
2-3 year olds -
15 hour funded for eligible families (2 year funding)
A.M session 9.00am - 12.00pm is £18
P.M session 12.30pm - 3.30pm is £18
Additional Lunchtime session 12.00-12.30 is £3.00 + hot school dinner £2.65
Voluntary contributions of £1 per week / £5 per half term for healthy snacks for your child per session.
Here at sundon stars we are a small team of deicated staff that lve to watch, support and nurture all childrens development!
Each term the Sundon Stars staff team find new and exciting ways to incorporate historical, cultural and festival events into the learning at Sundon Stars. We also have topics that we follow to encourage learning that children may not experience for example, decay and rotting, growth and changes in the environment. Here are some of the things we have done at Sundon Stars or plan on doing this academic year. All activates incorporate the EYFS to encourage development.