Enough is Enough. Join our Action Week for fair funding for the early years
Enough is enough
The early years plays a vital role in helping children reach their full potential and enabling parents to get back into work.
But the sector is struggling to stay sustainable due to government underfunding.
Childcare funding rates were set and frozen in 2015 – this means they don’t take into account the subsequent increases to business hikes, minimum wage rises or any other cost increases since then.
This has forced providers to put up parent fees and, in some cases, close.
Fair Future Funding Action Week 2019
Thank you for joining the Fair Future Funding Action Week which started on Monday 10 June.
The campaign message is simple. We are calling on government to urgently review funding levels to make sure they match the true cost of delivering quality childcare, and for funding rates to be reviewed annually to make sure they keep pace with rising costs.
We want to make sure every MP in England is aware of the funding crisis in the early years, supports the campaign and calls on the Treasury to make sure childcare is properly funded.
What you can do right now
While it may be too late for your MP to visit you during the Action Week, you might still want to invite them to visit in the future.
- Download the template letter and email it to your MP together with the Action Week factsheet which outlines the full scale of the funding crisis and the effect it is having on providers, parents and children.
- Read our MP visit checklist which gives you lots of guidance about how to arrange a visit from your MP.
If you’ve already contacted your MP, you can also:
- Download our campaign poster and put it in your setting's window
- Fill out the Complete the Sentence campaign poster, take a picture of yourself holding it and share it on social media using the hashtag #fairfuturefunding
- Download the Suggested Activities sheet which gives you a timeline of simple campaign activities and the best dates on which to do them
- Ask your children's parents to write to their MPs as well — Download the Action Week parents' template letter and Download the Action Week factsheet for parents
- Follow the campaign on Twitter.
And don't forgot to keep in touch with us
Let us know once you've written to your MP and let us know if you hear back from them.
Tag the Early Years Alliance in any social media posts so we can see how your campaigning is going.
You can email our campaign officers Rebecca and Deri at: email@example.com if you have any questions or need further support.
Thank you and good luck with taking action on early years funding!